The Romeoville Area Chamber of Commerce is looking for an experienced President/CEO
The Romeoville Area Chamber of Commerce creates and fosters a growing business community by promoting economic opportunities, advocating for the interests of the members, providing educational resources, and developing relationships between the members.
The President/CEO provides strategic direction, vision, and management for the programs and personnel of the Romeoville Area Chamber of Commerce. The President/CEO demonstrates expertise in strategic planning, member sales and services, program management, public policy, nonprofit governance and operations, finance and accounting, public speaking, and fundraising. The President/CEO has full responsibility for profit and loss, fiscal stability, and compliance. This leader will be a dynamic leader who can manage current programs while developing new initiatives and partnerships with other business and community organizations to achieve goals and objectives.
The President & CEO reports to the Board of Directors in accordance with the by-laws. All staff report to the President & CEO.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strategic vision with extensive and nuanced skills to drive change, fulfill the mission, and achieve operational objectives.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence.
- Broad knowledge of industry acumen, entrepreneurship, and innovation.
- Strong understanding of the political landscape and ability to collaborate effectively with civic leadership and partner organizations.
- Demonstrated skills in human resource development and performance management.
- Adept at coalition building, relationship management, and negotiating agreements.
- Exceptional communication skills both in writing and orally with various constituents including members, potential members, elected officials, outside organizations, media outlets, and the Board of Directors.
- High standards of integrity, work ethic, trustworthiness, and personal responsibility.
- Strategic Planning and Implementation: At the direction of the Board, the President & CEO create and implement the Chamber’s strategic plan.
- Operational Oversight: Develops and oversees annual budget and marketing initiatives implementation.
- Member Services and Sales: The President & CEO is responsible for the overall performance of the Chamber’s membership activities including membership acquisition, stewardship, and retention.
- Advocacy: The President & CEO advocates for policies and environments that protect and improve economic opportunities for Chamber members and, when requested, participate in governmental and non-governmental boards and committees as part of the Chamber’s advocacy programs.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 minimum; Salary to commensurate with experience
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
Monday to Friday
- Work Location: In person, travel required with mileage reimbursement.
- This is an in-person position at the Chamber’s office at 101 W Airport Road, Romeoville, Illinois. Light local travel is required with mileage reimbursement provided.
- Some lifting and physical activity required at times in preparation for events.
The Romeoville Area Chamber of Commerce is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, national origin, sex, age, religion, or disability status of otherwise qualified individuals.